NEW Drone Capabilities
Anchorage-based Yuit Communications now has a Part 107 Certified Unmanned Aerial System Pilot on staff, which allows the agency to use camera drones for commercial work. YUIT is authorized by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to apply for airspace clearance to fly throughout the state where recreational pilots cannot.
Our certification covers the following:
- Applicable regulations relating to small, unmanned aircraft system rating privileges, limitations, and flight operation
- Airspace classification and operating requirements and flight restrictions affecting small, unmanned aircraft operation
- Aviation weather sources and effects of weather on small, unmanned aircraft performance
- Small, unmanned aircraft loading and performance
- Emergency procedures
- Crew resource management
- Radio-communication procedures
- Determining the performance of small, unmanned aircraft
- Aeronautical decision-making and judgment
- Airport operations
- Maintenance and preflight inspection procedures
- Operation day or night
This allows YUIT to handle all aspects of drone operations and also acquire clearances needed to fly for virtually any commercial shoot. We use the latest camera systems from DJI to fly registered drones equipped with Remote ID up to 50/60 mph, shooting with a 1” CMOS 5.4K (5472×3078) sensor, a field-of-view range of 88 degrees and digital zoom. We provide many different services, including:
- Aerial photography
- Aerial videography
- First-person view (FPV) drone videos
- Drone one-take shots (i.e., no edits)
In addition to traditional drone work, we offer 4K FPV drone videos, which – unlike other drone photography – adds increased speed and unique perspectives to aerial videos and B-roll. These can be shot indoors or outdoors, depending on weather conditions.
FPV drones take an advanced level of piloting, training and certification because they are manually controlled with little to no GPS, the drone transmits a live video feed to goggles, and the pilot must control it all as if he or she were on board the aircraft. These drones can get much closer to people and objects safely, and we utilize safety mechanisms to prevent damage.
The Yuit Comms team is exceptional. Their passion and creativity show in every project.
Throughout the last decade, Yuit has maintained a steadfast commitment to crafting our newsletters, annual reports, and Shareholder campaigns into compelling instruments that vividly portray our corporate progression and celebrate our achievements with pride.
The Yuit Comms team is always willing to pull all stops to accommodate our deadlines.